December 6, 2008

If I were a boy...

When I first heard Beyonce's song on Yasim's mob, I was truly moved. But I wondered about what she really meant. Now after watching the video, I understand.

"If I were a boy, I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl; I swear I’d be a better man
I’d listen to her, cause I know how it hurts
When you lose the one you wanted 'cause he’s taken you for granted,
and everything you had got destroyed"

She's talking about how someone caused her a lot of anguish and pain, and how she would act differently if she were in that position, because she knows how it is when you cause a person so much pain. It's an awesome way of getting your point across by taking on that person's role and showing them how it is from your perspective. Like putting your shoes on their feet.

But the song also talks about how the other person in the relationship is not able to understand it all. "But you're just a boy... you don’t understand". It portrays how immature he is, and how he just doesn't get it. But that doesn't really excuse his behaviour, and she wont wait for him all the time. ....Hmmm.. It really gets one thinking about stuff, doesn't it?

So, if you have been hurt by someone close, this is for you. And if you have been immature like yours truly, try to think of the other person's feelings more often.

(P.S. To -. You know who you are. Sorry. And thanks for still being there.)

No comments: