October 18, 2007

Peace, brother

Whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness and equality
Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity
Lack of understanding leading us away from unity
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' under
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' down
There's no wonder why sometimes I'm feelin' under
Gotta keep my faith alive 'til love is found
And ask yourself

Where Is the Love?
Where Is the Love?
Where Is the Love?
Where Is the Love?
Father, Father, Father help us
Send some guidance from above
'Cuz people got me got me questionin'
Where is the love (where is the love)

-Love, BEP


The song that first brought me closer to BEP. Connected from the first instance. It made sense then, and still does. This is one group that always inspires... Love you guys! Muah!

3 comments:

slain_angel said...

humanity is in words only now...only the individual matters...once the individuality ceases to exist, its better the individual also follow the same path....there is no room for love any where

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

Have you ever helped anyone without expecting anything in return? If the answer is 'no', then, yes I agree: humanity exists only in words..
But Love does exist.. And it is this straw that all of us hold on to, all of us lean on. It is just harder to find it nowadays. So we just have to look for it in the little things we usually don't give second thoughts to. Love is in the sweeper-lady who paused when I was coughing and crossing the street. Love is in the cab-driver who stopped at the junction so I wouldn't have to wait for the next one. Love is in the canteen people who waited one second more so I could rush in and grab some breakfast. Love is in so many places, I just have to look harder... and make sure that all the incidents where there is lack of understanding doesn't pull me so deep down that I either don't have the ability or (God forbid) the will to search for it.

P.S.
"So ask yourself is the lovin' really gone
So I could ask myself really what is goin' wrong.."

slain_angel said...

it is hard to find it because it is not there any more...i would love to explain all the examples with logical reasons....but then again it does not serve any purpose coz love is something which is lost....lost forever...it is just convenience and adjustment nothing more.....