January 8, 2008

Bucknor is not biased - He's just not well

I'm not much of a cricket fan. Start the topic and my mind switches off... But if every time you turn on any news channel all you hear is how biased Bucknor is, there's just no escaping it! (Note: for the few who, like me, do not follow cricket, and for the even fewer number of you who haven't heard/ seen / read the news and are reading this blog (so sweet :)) - now is a good time to start checking out the news! )

But I digress.. Anyway, Bucknor's decisions made the blood of quite a few of friends' boil.Many ranted and raved about how unfair it all was, but what I read here was one view that just was too beautiful to not share.. Here goes..

"I don't think that we should conclude that Bucknor is biased against India. He maybe is suffering from the following 2 Defects.

1.He has a hearing defect which could be why he could not give Symonds out.
2. He has a vision defect which could be the reason why he gave Rahul out caught behind.

He should be examined by a panel of Doctors and if these defects are confirmed, he should not be allowed to stand as Umpire until cured and cleared by the Panel of Doctors.

If the doctors feel that his Hearing & Vision are Good then he should be stopped from any further Umpiring as it proves he is biased."


Gran'cle gave a better diagnosis:
" 3. Maybe his finger is broken and he can't lift it to make someone out. "
Just like mine is... :P


But even more than that, what I loved were the new words added into the dictionary. The ones on top of my list are:

Bucknor: (n) (adj)
1. Temporary blindness leading to missing out on the obvious.
2. To be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
3. Situations leading to grave judgmental errors.
Usage: I feel bucknored by my boss; Life often throws a bucknor at you.

Benson: (n) (adj)
1. Something that legitimises a severe bucknor.
Usage: First they bucknored me and then they bensoned it! I am toast.
Also see bucknor

Pontingity: [ pont in gətee ] (n)
1. Possession of firm principles: The quality of possessing and steadfastly adhering to high moral principles or professional standards.
Usage: You cannot question my pontingity in the game.

Ponting: (n) (adj)
1. A substance or entity or even a person of unquestionable integrity
2. An act of uncivilised behaviour. [Also, pontingness (n)]

Hmm.. Looks like the world of Cricket is not as boring as I thought it was.

P.S. Also read the views of my friend Ram on this topic.
P.P.S. Ram, you owe me one for the free advertising! :D

3 comments:

ram narayan said...

Nice way of viewing thing.........
I feel he is made scape goat in this isssue....... (more info: contact me .. :-) )
Good work....... Keep Blogging.........

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

You really think so? Let me hear it. But there is something that comes to mind first. To err once is human. To do it over and over again, that's just stupidity!

Abhi said...

since when did u get into this whole cricket stuff???