October 17, 2008

Houses, changes and weird letters

Today is house-hunting day for a couple of my colleagues. I'd love to move into a 'real' house, but me being the choosy person I am, both about houses and people (:P), it isn't going to happen till M decides to move in. Which I pray is by the end of the year. Anyways, what got me thinking was the house itself. Take my room for eg. It nice, good shelves, the same ol boring yellow, could do with one more window to let the sunshine in, pink striped curtains (bless my landlord!) and a bathroom I can't fall down in.* Yay!
* That's because it is too small! lol!
But then when I move in somewhere, I think of what I would love to do to that place. Mostly, it's just furniture and stuff (I already made the extra bed into a fence for S's books and put in the table and chair from H). I'd love to break down a part of my wall and put a window there. It'd brighten up the place and save power. Ooh, or maybe put a rooflight! But more on that later...
Lotsa plans in my head to change things here. I wonder if the ones who put made the place would mind. I mean, they'd have put in lots of thought on why they wanted that chandelier in the living room right? Which, BTW, looks hideous and is totally unsuitable for the size of the room. Or maybe I just hate chandeliers. I know that I for one would be a little miffed if I created my dream house and then had to sell it and came back a couple of years later and found the place changed. Ya, they could have made it better, but.. umm.. heck, I made it good! (Now would be a good place to mention that my place = my way or the highway. LOL!)
Anyways, I cam across this page today that mentioned this person who wanted to fill in his pond. So he drained it out and there at the bottom of the pond was this letter.... from the previous owner! A letter to the person who drained out the pond, saying he'd be 'miffed' if this guy drained the pond. LOL! Snarky, yes, crazy, maybe, entertaining, absolutely! Hmmm, wonder if I'd ever write such a note?

4 comments:

slain_angel said...

yah u wud leave that letter in the pond....

beter wud b draw a treasure map wth clues leading to the pond for the treasure n den the letter in pond saying "boo...yah"

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

hmmm.. good idea.. but then he wud have to find the letter to go to the pond na.. so how about this.. he drains the pond, finds the letter that's also a map, keeps digging all around the garden to find it, and ThEn he finds that the final clue is the word thats spelt out by the holes he has dug.. and that spells out 'boo.. yah'
I'm evil :P

zewt said...

chandelier? that's quite an old design for a house... right?

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

ya it is. goodness knows why they put it up!