August 20, 2007

Me: A model!

The world of glamour now has even more glitter in it!


How to get to this link: Go to Boschindia.com -> About Bosch in India -> Robert Bosch India Ltd. -> Jobs and Careers at RBIN and there I am! Or just click here.

Now this is one what Bosch makes its employees seriously happy :) We had gone for a corporate photo shoot in May. The sessions were from 9 till whenever the lighting was bad. I went for the shoot right after my German classes. The days were fun! You spend half your morning learning a new language so you can say "ich arbeite bei Bosch" and the rest of the day doing all the girly stuff like dressing up in petty clothes (er.. pretty 'corporate' clothes) and putting on makeup and smiling and getting your pictures clicked... Ahhh.... It’s a girls dream come true!

Those two days were nice and weird in some ways too... We were told which colors to wear by a dark guy who was bald and wore a earring, (not the stud but the ring) which was extremely cool, and getting our pictures taken by a guy named Sheetal (Yes! that's a guy! no other comments on the name :P) who btw “appeared on Page 3 of the Times of India exactly one week after the shoot with Ramya, the actress” ( in the words of one of my friend who was positively gushing! :) )

The down side was that there was so much time when all you had to do was wait and wait while people took their pictures in batches. Fortunately for me I had Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with me! (the fake version thought I did not know at that point of time) We also made friends there and had a blast. Krithi (the girl in the pic with me) learnt to be a professional make-up artist! And she was pretty darn good too! And I found out that Bosch does have cute guys (thank goodness!!) and that there are a lot of people out there who are as crazy about Harry Potter as I am... Though, after being called a 'kid' for the nth time, I started fooling people into believing that I was reading "War and Peace", which did give me some "Hmm, must be brainy" looks till I met this one guy who had actually read the book and I had to confess.. Darn him!

For all there was, it was a fun time...
And now I’m a model!
Today I’m walking on cloud no. 9!!

P.S. Couldn’t stop grinning while writing all this down. Still cant :D

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirly bum,

You look as beautiful as you were in school (that's assuming the pic is a fair reflection of you :D)...seriously babe, you look awesome and rock on with this alternate career....atleast, give it a serious thought :)

Unknown said...

btw, thr r 2 ppl you know in IIMB & u still haven't showed up here :|

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

oh gosh, pk, i'm positively blushing :) thanks for the support, man..

and ya, will surely be giving you a visit one of these weekends..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"oh gosh pk, i'm positively blushing :)"
my flirting skills are not that bad then :P

& btw, hari is totally having a blast here...looks like he's given up on acads already :D

& u better keep ur promise :) & when u do, i'll expect a trt for making me read ur blogs & comment on them :D

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

ya ya treat for you then when i meet you and that reminds me where's the treat from you?? :))

so hari must be painting the place red huh? any influence from his senior?? :D

Unknown said...

yaya...u'll get ur treat when u come here :) (after I get urs :P)...

hari wants to take it chill :)...ppl make choices, u know :)...quite unlike his senior...his senior is as u know him .... u wudn't see any dif between the pk in school and now...

& no influence from his senior & all....his senior is a quiet, chamathu & studious boy :P

slain_angel said...

somebody still manages to drive peepz away frm Bosch :P