September 14, 2008

Überraschung here!

I love nice surprises.
I love chocolate.
I love toys.
And I love getting all of them together.
No wonder I'm so crazy about the "ÜberraschungEier".
I heard about it first during our German classes. And the first time I saw it was in the Penny Markt in Flamingoweg. And from then started my love affair! It literally translates to "surprise egg" in English. The size of an egg, coloured in white and orange, this little thing has wormed its way into my heart! Aptly named Kinder Joy, or so Sun says (Kinder refers to children in German).
It has 2 parts. You break it up and there is a half that is a chocolate - white with yummy brown chocolate floating in it. There is a small spoon to eat ti with too. Hmm, thoughtful.. But it is the other half that made me go ga-ga. It is covered with orange cover. So you never know what is in it. It has toys, jigsaw puzzles, you name it! I'd buy it every other time. And in the rare cases when I feel that I must act my age and I don't buy it, B does.
On my return, this was one of the things I missed the most. (other than the Jogurt there! Someone please please bring some for me!). Anyways, I adjusted to it by playing with my cute little toys and with 'Sheridan', my first ever. He's a purple toy, named after the best coffee drink ever :P So imagine my surprise when a month earlier I saw this huge Egg in front of M2S ! I went like "woohoo!".I keep getting lots of it everytime I go shopping in M2S. I got tired of the chocolate though (ok so I lied a bit to myself about that. But its better than mentioning the d**t word). SO now I buy it just for the 'surprise' inside. And to all the people who think this is something for 4-year-olds, well so I'm four! <>

No comments: