September 22, 2008

*I love you, baby* :)

There is this song stuck in my head, but all I know about it is that one of the lines in the chorus is 'I love you baby', and all the rest that I can remember is the really peppy tune.. Don't you just hate it when that happens.. so here I am searching through all the songs with that line in it. And that's when I found 'Ka - dree'.
<>
K3 is a Flemish girl band with a Dutch repertoire, mainly aimed at pre-adolescent children. (LOL! no wonder I loved them!) The name of the group is derived from the names of the three singers: Karen Damen, Kathleen Aerts and Kristel Verbeke. The music is produced by production company Studio 100. The music is written by Miguel Wiels, Alain Vande Putte and Peter Gillis. K3 is founded by Niels William. The band is also known for becoming famous without any airplay from the regular music television channels like MTV, instead using marketing via children and cartoon channels.
<>
Real neat, huh?
well in case you feel like visiting those 'good ol days' when you liked peppy, 'pop'sy songs, take a listen to this
(oh gosh, I get all these from listening to too much radio. Can anyone tell me if that sentence is correct? thanks a lot)



Edit:
Finally found the song that was stuck in my head! It is one from '10 things I hate about you' - the one sung by Heath Ledger "Can't take my eyes off you"
I love this version better than the original :D

7 comments:

DOuG pRATt said...

I downloaded this K3 video, cropped it and reformatted it to correct the shape. There are some re-compression artifacts, but at least it looks right. At this link.

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

hey Doug, ya it does look good there.. thanks!

DOuG pRATt said...

It's a pet peeve of mine that so many of the videos on YouTube look so bad. Low resolution and low compression rates can't be undone, but getting the aspect ratio right is easy to do.

I discovered K3 about four months ago, and was very surprised by how quickly I got hooked on them. And although I was a confirmed disco hater back in the 70's, I liked ABBA, so I guess that's where the hook came from.

DOuG pRATt said...

Here, give K3's Tele-Romeo a try. How can anybody not like this? It's super catchy, it's very funny, and it has a great sound. Video quality is good for upscaled 320x240, and the sound is in stereo.

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

:) it's getting stuck in my brain!

DOuG pRATt said...

The only cure for one K3 tune burned into one's brain is another one. "Kusjesdag" means "Kissing Day". I posted it very early in K3 learning curve. It's passed the 2 million mark on YouTube.

Addicted to the Disturbed State said...

ya i have heard this song before. it was on another post, your blog... but the video had 2 little girls jumping to the song and generally having so much fun :) nice song...